Tuesday 1 December 2009

Project: Music Inspired Imagery - Video



The Google Story, a lovely trip down memory lane to the times of the simple and watching as it evolves into the powerhouse of the internet. I'm not so interested in the content of the video though as it's more the way and style it is done in that caught my attention and made me think "Hey, this could be useful for my own video!".

The narrative form that this story took is what made me think of using this type of thing for one of my songs, "Dead Flag Blues", because that is also spoken/sung in a narrative form. What is being presented in the video is slightly quirky and fun which is basically the opposite of "Dead Flag Blues" which speaks of the corpses of dead babies, so I thought I could use the way it's shown from a birds-eye view and then have something different being shown. I'm not sure whether using the way the camera moves would be a good idea, maybe a singular slow motion across a horizontal line would be more fitting for the smooth melodic tone of my song choice.

I'm thinking of showing something like my actual storyboard, and then have it evolve into video footage of whatever I have planned for the final draft. Then it finally becomes this dark and lonely world of horror surrounded by some sort of negativity. Or I could simply skip the evolution bit and go straight to the video itself, but instead of a video I could do it in the style of a book with the video footage inside the pages (complete with turning pages!). This is where the styling comes in quite heavily in order to create this atmosphere that represents the contents of the video without knowing what the content actually is. I'll need to collect some more imagery that matches this goal of mine though just so I can explore all the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment