Tuesday 15 December 2009

Project: Music Inspired Imagery - Voyage



Don't you just want to fall asleep? And not in a bad way either! I was already feeling rather relaxed and calm 'before' watching this video, but now I really do feel like simply nodding off :). Ok, moving away from the fact it makes you want to sleep.

Created by filmmaker, Marco Aslan, "nostalgia" is the perfect word for his work. This video in particular is quite useful for both of my songs because with "Dead Flag Blues" I think of old fashioned, and old, which are two words that can be used to describe the style of this video. "Imagine" is quite a fast-paced and joy-filled song filled with realisations, so rather than the style which is at a far slower pace I thought that the content was quite suiting because you see all these warm happy moments with lots of smiling faces.

I realise that we are simply creating still imagery, but I still believe that the style of the video and how it captures that perfect moment are still great sources of inspiration and ideas. The style is probably the main aspect I would like to try and interpret, but really all that is changing is that rather than using a video camera I'm going to use a photo camera. Anyways, time to nod off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment