Wednesday 6 January 2010

Project: Video Jockey - Reworking

Right! Due to a few particular complications I thought I would completely change my idea in a way that allows me to actually complete it within the deadline. I've changed the song, the style, and everything about it. It will no longer be a smooth-running video, but instead a stop-motion animation. Due to the nature of stop-motion though I didn't think it suited the genre/theme/style of my song choice, so that had to change.

I wanted to go with a happier 'quirky' theme of song because for me stop-motion is generally done in this form, and it's just a lot more fun to work with :). My mind instantly went to the soundtrack of Soul Eater, an anime series that just oozes quirky, fun, and really strange. I eventually narrowed it down to two songs, but both gave me different ideas for an accompanying video.

Soul Eater - In his mind, DB sways his shoulders and dances

As soon as this song played, my mind began creating a scenario of someone doing their morning routine combined with the capabilities and potential of stop-motion to make it slightly more interesting.



Soul Eater - 4242564

I had to think a little longer with this song, but then I got it! It's still somewhat vague but I was thinking of showing a process of something like a drawing, a sketch, or just 'something' on paper and then bringing that to life through the magic (lol) of stop-motion.

These are simply rough ideas at the moment, but that's why I'll be looking at a few different examples of stop-motion. I've seen quite a few that showcase the morning routine with a slight 'twist' to it before, so I know I can find some good ones for that. Hopefully looking at some examples will help me make a final decision in song choice. If not though, I'll just make storyboards for them and let that help me decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment